Gas logs are designed to go into masonry or factory built fireplaces and can be used in vented or non vented fireplaces depending on the type of log. They can only be used in masonry or factory built wood burning fireplaces. Their biggest advantage: avoiding the hassles of burning wood, providing instant heat, atmosphere, can be remote controlled and instant on/off.
- Very clean. No mess to clean up.
- Provide instant heat and can be turned off instantly.
- Can be set by a thermostat or use a remote control.
- If you have a traditional masonry fireplace and are tired of messing with wood this is a great solution.
- Vent Free gas logs are near 100% efficiency.
- Natural gas is prone to wide price fluctuations like gasoline in the event of a natural disaster.
- Vented gas logs are only about 25% efficiency.