Vent Free Fireplaces
Vent Free fireplaces use gas and offer 100% efficiency. They produce moisture as a by-product and contribute humidity into the home. Due to their efficiency they are very cost effective but they will contribute a burning smell to any existing fragrance or odors in the home as they use existing air from within the home. Vent Free Fireplaces look just like typical gas fireplaces. All vent free fireplaces are equipped with Oxygen Depletion Sensors (ODS) which turn off the flame long before carbon monoxide can reach dangerous levels.
- Very clean. No mess to clean up.
- Provide instant heat and can be turned off instantly.
- Can be set by a thermostat or use a remote control.
- No vent being required offers great flexibility in location.
- Ventfree gas logs have higher maintenance costs then a vented gas fireplace.
- Vent Free fireplaces contribute to moisture in the air of the home because they don't vent the moisture to the outside.
- Vent Free fireplaces will contribute a mild burning smell into the air, mixed with any other fragrance or odours found in the air circulating in the home.
- Vent Free fireplaces do not produce a robust flame.
Another alternative is to use the best eco-friendly bioethanol fire designs by Eco-SMART